Sunday, January 26, 2014

Spencer's Banjo Adventure Post 15

Hello banjo people of the world! Unfortunately I have not heard back from happybanjodude in the email that I sent to him about The Boxer, so I am not sure how successful I will be in learning that song. I have routinely checked his website for more tabs that he uploads so maybe I will choose from one of those to replace The Boxer on my list. I don't like the other songs as much as The Boxer but I am running out of time so I better choose one sooner than later.
There is officially going to be a TEDx event at South at the end of the year. The students who aren't chosen to speak at the event will still be counted as organizers, so that means I am getting into college! Not many people can say they've helped organize a TEDx event so I will have that going for me or maybe I will even get to say that I spoke at a TEDx event. I'm not making any promises.
I know that I haven't made a video in a while but it has just been off my radar. The past week and a half have been almost entirely focused on swim team and midterms. I will try to get a video in the next blog post but if not for sure two posts from now. Next weekend I have a choir competition in Findlay, Ohio so I might not be able to get a video up in time. I'll see.
Still working on the two songs I know a little bit and watching some TEDx events. I am really excited for the end of the year presentations, though they are still pretty far off from here. That's all for this week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Spencer!

    My name is Mary and I am a grad student at USJ in CT. This project sounds really interesting! I can't really play any instruments, but I love music! I can't wait to see where this learning takes you throughout the year! You can follow what my class is doing on twitter at #usjct #ed584

    Happy blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your feedback Mary! I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete