Sunday, February 23, 2014

Spencer's Banjo Adventure Post 18


Hello! This week in frustration with the banjo I decided to pick up my old trumpet, or technically a coronet, and see what I remembered. Turns out it is like riding a bike, pretty hard to forget. After a few tries at playing something it all started coming back to me and I had a lot of fun going through old music of mine and seeing if I could play it or not. It was a fresh change to the usual banjo practice I have had and it was a good way to take my frustrations with the banjo off my mind. I always loved the trumpet, though band class wasn't really for me, and it was a lot of fun this past week to get back in to playing my trumpet. That's all for now!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes when things get frustrating, its great to go back and do something to remember why you love music! That was a perfect way to still be immersed in music without continuing to get frustrated. Do you play any other instruments or do anything else musically that you love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I play trumpet, am learning banjo, and I sing regularly in choir and at my church. Though I do not enjoy choir as much as I used to, singing and the other two instruments I play really do make me happy

      Delete
    2. That's awesome! I used to sing in my church choir as well!

      Delete