Sunday, March 9, 2014

Spencer's Banjo Adventure Post 20

In class last Friday Mr. Provenzano gave our class a general response to all of the blogs we posted the week before. He addressed some of the suggestions given in our blogs and said he decided to make some changes. First off, as I suggested, we are going to be having mini, practice presentations on Fridays now instead of sitting around blogging or watching a video. I am glad this change is coming to fruition because I think it will be a lot more interesting than just reading people's blogs. Who knows, maybe I'll even bring in my banjo or trumpet and play something. Secondly, he is switching blog posts from every Friday to every two Fridays. I don't really care either way but I understand that for others it may be hard to blog every week. Lastly, he said that he would be strongly considering moving 20 time back next year until after the Transcendentalism unit. I think this will be great for the sophomores next year as it will give them time to get comfortable in their classes and hopefully have a lot of fun with their project ideas.
On the topic of my talk at the end of the year, I really think I'll focus on the importance of music. Music is such a big part of my everyday life and I cannot believe it took me this long to fully realize that. I am going to post a song by MercyMe, a Christian band, below. I don't whether you are religious or not but the chorus says "All of creation, sing with me now". No matter what your beliefs are, I think of this a lot; at its simplest meaning it says that music is everywhere. That life is a big song, and everything sings. 

1 comment:

  1. That is good that some changes are being made! I think practicing talks on Friday will be good! I also love your idea of focusing on how much music means to you. I love when you have epiphanies like that! I also love this song. It is very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete